Exotic animal species
First of all, Cuba has a great variety of flora and fauna that makes the country unique. In addition, it has a tropical climate with favorable temperatures for the development of plants and animals. Below, we have listed some of the species that are part of the impressive fauna of Cuba.
1. The Tocororo is a species of bird of the Trogonidae family. For this reason, his natural habitat is dry forests, humid forests and old degraded forests.
2. The Chipojo is similar to the chameleon. These species come in a range of colors, and many species have the ability to change the color.
3. The Cuban crocodile is a small species of crocodile found only in Cuba. The common length is 2.1-2.3 m and a weight of 70-80 kg. Anyway, he is a very aggressive and dangerous animal for humans. Also, the scientists defend that they have unique physical and behavioral traits.
4. The Capromyids are a subfamily of rodents of the Echimyidae family. They have a robust body and large heads. Many species are herbivores, although some eat small animals.
5. The Flamingos are a large birds with a very long neck, legs shaped like sticks and pink feathers. They eat larva, small insects, blue-green and red algae, mollusks, crustaceans and small fish.
In conclusion, this country has great natural and animal wealth. We hope that this article related to the impressive fauna of Cuba has helped you to know a little more.
Finally, we want to remember you that if you travel to Cuba do not forget to apply for a Cuba holiday visa.