Ropa vieja is a really good and traditional recipe that consists of a mix of ingredients. It is very popular in Cuba.
Cuban Ropa Vieja (6 pax)
- A piece of skirt meat.
- 1 or 2 bay leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 4 cloves of garlic.
- 3/4 cup dry wine.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 2 medium peppers (one red and one green).
- 1 spoonful of full seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- A cup tomato puree.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 large onion.
- Firstly, you must cook the piece of meat skirt in a pressure cooker. You should cook it with water to cover it, a pinch of salt and bay leaves for 20 minutes after it starts boiling.
- On the other hand, if you cook it in a conventional casserole, the cooking time will be approximately 2 hours.
- Then, once it is cooked, you should wait for it to cool and drain. Reserve that broth where it was cooked. At this moment, crumble or fray.
- Next, you must prepare a good sauce. For this, heat in a deep pan, the oil and add the onion and the peppers that previously cut in small squares and crushed garlic.
- Then add the rest of ingredients: tomato puree, spices, dry wine, and a little the broth in which you cooked the meat. Finally, incorporate the frayed meat.
- You stir everything well and let it cook for about 10 minutes with medium heat.
- It is ready to eat!