The main ingredient of this dessert is the sweet potato. This is a plant-based food with easy digestion. It has a sweet and smooth flavor. In Cuba, they cook it boiled and fried. Next, you can read our traditional recipe: Boniatillo borracho.
– 2 pounds of sweet potato
– 2 cups of water
– 1 lemon
– 2 pounds of sugar
– ¼ teaspoon of salt
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 2 egg yolks
– ½ cup of sweet wine or liquor
– 2 tablespoons of rum
1. First, boil the sweet potatoes until they are soft.
2. Next, make a syrup with sugar, water, and a few drops of lemon juice. You should not stir the syrup while it is on the fire.
3. Next, mash the hot sweet potatoes and add the syrup. Pass it all through a sieve.
4. Add salt and egg yolks.
5. Cook it by stirring until it thickens. Lower the temperature and add the butter, and when it melts add the sweet wine or liquor and rum.
6. Finally, serve it in dessert plates and sprinkle with cinnamon.
We hope you cook this recipe with your family or you visit Cuba and taste this dessert and many more. If you choose the second option, do not forget to apply for an online Cuba visa to enter the country.